Photo of the week: Scott Avetts 'self'

Photo of the week: Scott Avetts 'self'
Awesome painting by a god!

Cakir: A Modern Day War (craft) Story

The sheer joy of laying shit on a friend via a story fills me with joy :P


Part One


The Doctor


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All his waiting was over, the Doctor had returned to his office with an a4 sheet of paper. Devrim looked on in a rather impatient manner. He was eager to find out what damage was done to his finger. And, more importantly, how much he could sue Connor for. The Doctor pulled out his chair from underneath the desk and sat next to Devrim. His face ... See Moreremained rather expressionless, which in Devrims mind, was all the more confusing! 'So Doc, what's the damage?' Devrim said profoundly. He was not a person who was typically scared of a cut or bruise. The Doctor straighened his sheet of paper and began silently reading it to himself, his lips masking each word soundly. He then put the paper down upon the desk and looked up to Devrim, who had been watching his every move. 'Well Mr. Cakir, it appears you have ruptured your nerdius sheemus'. The expressionless Cakir replied 'My whatty'? The Doctor shook his head as if he was shocked at what Devrim had said. 'Mr. Cakir, your Nerdius Sheemus is the nerve which connects your index finger to your brain. It has been hurt to the extent that your reaction time with your right index finger will be heavily delayed. This is a permanent injury Mr. Cakir, I am sorry'. Devrims jaw dropped, it was almost as if a cannon ball had been shoved down his throat and sunk heavily into his gut. He felt lower than he had ever felt before. 'Bu...but Doctor... I need to run an instance tonight on WoW! This is 'life of death' man!!! There must be something I can do to safe my team and conquer the instance! Please doc, I'm beggen yah'! As Devrim finished speaking, the Doctor smirked. 'Your gaming days are over kid. BAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA'


Too be continued.

Monday, February 8, 2010

eighth of the second: The real Wild West


Hello world,

It has been one hell of an interesting day from the very get go. I promise you, it is worth the read tonight my friends.

Firstly, I will start of with the outlook of my day: I woke up at 7 in the morning so I could get zaraffas before school, which in my books is dedication considering the earliest I ever get up is 8:10. i have the alarm set to prove it ;). Then after school was said and done, I was called into work and what a busy night that was, hitting a total of 69 people...oh, that is shit for all who can't hear my sarcasm. On a normal mondie (bad spelling of Monday is for Bryce) night is around 169 people so you can see why I was quite the bored chap all night. The best parts came later I assure you, but they were so !!!!EPIC!!!! that they got nominated for other parts of my blog. Moving on :)


WTF Moment/Topic of the day: As I was gearing up for bed last night, I went down stairs to say goodnight to my mum. We had our usual 5-10 minute chat before bed, but before I went up stairs and snuggled into my blanky, I peered at the tv and there I saw it! "The Thin Red Line" was on, it is one of my 5 movies I must see this year so what did I do? Sat down and watched it. It was a two hour film and finished at 2 am, understand why I got up to go to zaraffas now? :D. Don't worry kids, that wasn't either the moment or topic... That comes now.

Since the movie was on channel 10, as you'd expect, I was flagged with adds. Grrr those damn adds... just as I thought they were so gayishly lame... I saw it! The new tiny teddies add. Now, before you jump to conclusion and think "Tiny Teddies? God Jordan your blogs fucking shit!" let me finish my tale. The add consists of three tiny teddies dancing: 1 was the original flavour doing generic dancing in no cloths with a little kid in generic cloths also doing generic dancing (generic is the only word to describe it!) then came the choc chip tiny teddy, he was doing disco, also no cloths with a kid in disco cloths also dancing... then came the chocolate tiny teddy. He was darker then the average chocolate tiny teddy and had a bandanna on his head. He was doing breakdancing to terrible hip hop music with a black kid in fully pimped gangster cloths also a bandanna doing the same dancing...

I'm not sure what you all think, but to me that is "WHAT THE FUCK! FUCKING RACISTS!!" Honestly, what a stereotype that was! They say that white people dance normally and dress normal, whilst the blacks dance crazily and wear bad clothes???

1. That is totally unacceptable on television
2. It downgrades the high majority of Dark skinned persons
3. What the Fuck! Tiny Teddies dancing?
4. This stereotyping needs to be stopped!

I chose this as my topic of the day to show how easily people can be manipulated into judging people by labeling them with certain stereotypes. I admit, there are some funny ones out there, but if used in good humor, it is fine; but when used in advertisements, which are exposed to millions each day start to put ideas into peoples heads. That is what they are aiming for after all. They wanted to get people thinking about Tiny Teddies and how nice they are, but by doing this they have disregarded certain stereotypes, causing the chocolate tiny teddy (dark skinned persons) to be looked at as completely different from the whites, and by assigning certain cloths to the child dancing, it depicts him a poor, unhygienic and lesser then the whites. This my friends is NOT TRUE!! We are all equals living on this earth. No matter what your opinions may be, this is a cold hard fact. and If you don't think we are equal, then don't read my blogs because I am all for equality.

Good to get that out in the open, I am hoping that anyone who reads this posts a comment on the topic either on the blog page or on my facebook. Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Even if its "Jordan, its an add, fuck u" or "Jordan, your right, it needs to stop!" I don't mind, but the more people talking about it, the better I say :)

Moving on to the Moment of the day

Moment of the day:

Tonight after work, I got to the bus stop at 7:15, exactly an hour before my bus home came so I decided to sit back on the uncomfortable wooden chairs and relax as much as possible... but for all those who know what mysteries the Gold Coast holds, then I was in for a FUCKEDDD UP NIGHT! Here's how it panned out:

7:15 arrived at the bus stop... ooh exciting isn't it

7:30 I am approached by a guy dressed as nothing other then a COWBOY! That's right, a real life 'drunk of his ass' Cowboy. He approached me and said "Howdy" I just store and said "hi?" Yes, my 'hi' sounded like a question. He then pointed his fingers at me like 'hand guns' and shouted 'bang your dead' and walked away... Seriously, this happened...

7:45 I am approached by this seedy looking guy, I wasn't sure if it was a compadre of the Cowboys, or just another of the Gold Coasts finest folk. Well... he was NO Cowboy... his exact words were "hey bro, you got any duff duff, weed or beetlejuice I can buy?" and I replied in a cool and calm fashion "No, fresh out mate sorry" He looked sad and walked away. Owned? lol

7:55 I was ease dropping on the girls sitting behind me's conversation with her friends. Well... it was hard not to ease drop when she is yelling on the top of her lungs "Oh god! I haven't had my fucking period in three fucking weeks so I'm either fucking pregnant or had a fucking miss fucking carriage!..... Excuse me, do you have change for the bus?" I was seriously like WTF this shit is fucked up... I miss the Cowboy! Anywho I just said "no sorry, only have my go card" and she was like "oh fuck of" and walked away....

8:15 I got on the bus and hid for dear life!

What a crazy night! It easily earned the moment of the day.

Now, the imfamous "Quote of the day!"

"Oh what bad breath you have!"

Simple yet effective huh? :) This gets the quote of the day, because my sister (the artist that she is) drew an entire scene on my toilet role (which I use for tissues get over it) of a chef feeding his dog a piece of meet. The photo attached is a picture I snapped of it just now. The sad thing is, she is 20!!!! haha She is a legend though, I am lucky to have people like my sisters in my life, epic people who I can always rely on... oh, and Ben, your cool to :) (haha joking Ben, your up there with the sisters) (Ben=brother)

Well, once again my blog draws to a close and I thank you all for reading.

I have decided that one blog every two/three days will be enough for you lot, unless I am popular on demand ;) *hint hint nudge nudge* lol

many warm regards,

Jordan Danger Merrick

7 comments:

  1. Here is where I, Belinda, AKA Grammar/Spelling Nazi comes along to correct you Lol!

    I believe that is Anita in the bubble...

    "ads"

    Stereotyping = bad
    Equality and acceptance of all people = good :)

    "eaves drop"

    "oh fuck off"

    "infamous"

    "piece of meat"

    "you're cool too"

    "you're up there with the sisters"

    Okay, I think that is enough picking from me for today :)

    Love your Blog Jordy!

    Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Please note that this wasen't written to be in perfect gramma, more so an average dudes EPIC blog :D

    lol Thank you for your feedback Belinda.

    All the best,

    <3 Jordy

    Say hello to Mick for me and tell him he is going down in DT this year! The Bunch will rise again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spelling may not be your strong point but I think you are getting better :)

    Anway, great read buddy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks buddy :D

    If i really sat down and went through it, I'd smash the spelling ;)

    But I'm a Merrick...A.K.A lazy! haha

    Cheers Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha jordy your the ledgend seriously !!! haha i like cowboys !! speacially drunk ones !!haha oj xx be good !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been Jordy since before you were born babeh! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. well then thats put me in my place hasnt it haha !!!!!

    ReplyDelete