Photo of the week: Scott Avetts 'self'

Photo of the week: Scott Avetts 'self'
Awesome painting by a god!

Cakir: A Modern Day War (craft) Story

The sheer joy of laying shit on a friend via a story fills me with joy :P


Part One


The Doctor


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All his waiting was over, the Doctor had returned to his office with an a4 sheet of paper. Devrim looked on in a rather impatient manner. He was eager to find out what damage was done to his finger. And, more importantly, how much he could sue Connor for. The Doctor pulled out his chair from underneath the desk and sat next to Devrim. His face ... See Moreremained rather expressionless, which in Devrims mind, was all the more confusing! 'So Doc, what's the damage?' Devrim said profoundly. He was not a person who was typically scared of a cut or bruise. The Doctor straighened his sheet of paper and began silently reading it to himself, his lips masking each word soundly. He then put the paper down upon the desk and looked up to Devrim, who had been watching his every move. 'Well Mr. Cakir, it appears you have ruptured your nerdius sheemus'. The expressionless Cakir replied 'My whatty'? The Doctor shook his head as if he was shocked at what Devrim had said. 'Mr. Cakir, your Nerdius Sheemus is the nerve which connects your index finger to your brain. It has been hurt to the extent that your reaction time with your right index finger will be heavily delayed. This is a permanent injury Mr. Cakir, I am sorry'. Devrims jaw dropped, it was almost as if a cannon ball had been shoved down his throat and sunk heavily into his gut. He felt lower than he had ever felt before. 'Bu...but Doctor... I need to run an instance tonight on WoW! This is 'life of death' man!!! There must be something I can do to safe my team and conquer the instance! Please doc, I'm beggen yah'! As Devrim finished speaking, the Doctor smirked. 'Your gaming days are over kid. BAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA'


Too be continued.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

fifth of the second: A short day


Hello world,

Today was quite a bludge, I woke up this morning (well, if you count 1:30 pm as morning) and felt ill. Just my luck, go through school feeling fine, then on my weekend I have to feel sick (Y). Anywho, I spoke to my manager and he told me I can have the night of so I feel better. Loved? :D

So far, I spent the entire day lying down and watched a classic film by the title of "For a Few Dollars More". It is seriously a work of art and one of the best Westerns ever made. The director, Sergio Leon was a film revolutionary. All you have to do is watch one of his films (6 in total before he passed on) and you will understand why.

About 3/4 through the film, I ducked down to the shops with my lovely mother to get some supplies for the coming week. We got there around 5:30 pm after we had called Coles (shopping center) and they told us their open till 6. We get out the front, only to see it barred shut and the security guy telling us the store is closed and their locking it up. Truly annoying when that happens. So I went down to the greatest shop in the world "Zaraffas" and got an epic English Breakfast tea. :D
It then began pouring down rain so we had to spend money on a cab home... bibi sweet 10 dollar note, I'll miss thou.

Now, I am home, relaxed and ready to write my blog for the day :)

My issue for the day is the ever-growing competition between big and small businesses. I don't have much experience all round with this topic, but have been able to learn allot about the competition between small and big businesses in the restaurant side of things.

Small restaurant chains- from what I have seen, they aim and strive to make an impact upon first opening, offering unique meals and good pricing to give any big restaurant chain a run for its money. This is, of course a great ambition to have but it is vital to pick your opponents wisely. I have seen a few small steak houses attempt to take on the big businesses like Hogs Breath and Lone Star, only to fail miserably. I believe their reasons for failure is because their taking on companies who specialize in Steak and Ribs. Now, steak is a market that is hard to penetrate in because of companies like the ones I mentioned. The only real way for a small business to compete with these sorts of things is to:

. Aim high, aspire to sell the brand out as a franchise to get better known and earn more revenue for your products name

. Offer things in your restaurant that have never been seen before

. Keep prices at a steady price, but not low enough to not make enough revenue

. Be very weary on who your going up against

. Keep a close eye on what meals/specials your opponents are offering

. Give people a reason to come back

Big restaurant chains- These big guns have obviously developed themselves as forces to be reckoned with. They generally have the financial backing to overthrow any small business with a few swift moves. As I mentioned above, the big restaurant chains are in no need to really worry about the small chains, but never the less, need to take certain precautions to prevent any sort of threat from small business chains.

. Be weary of the small businesses specials and pricing of meals

. Keep up the name of your products

. Give people a reason to come back

Yes, I know they are basically the same points for the small restaurant chains, but generally those aspects don't need to change.

On a final note; in my personal opinion, customer service is the key to making a consumer say "This was a fucking great night, I will definitely come back, thank you so much for your services". That along with keeping your value for money and you got yourselves a good restaurant.


Well, hope the topic of the day didn't bore you too much, now on to the fun stuff :)


Quote of the day: My Chemical Romance canceled their Australian tour, poor emo girls.
I know this comment wont make sense to most of you, but were I live (The Gold Coast) all the young teenagers who so happily label themselves as 'scene' or 'emo' constantly rave about the band My Chemical Romance. It is hilarious to see their reactions. Too be more vivid, I have attached a picture of what their general reactions are to this 'sad' news. LOL :)
I don't mean it in any offense, but it made me and my mates laugh :D

Moment of the day: Today, as I mentioned earlier I was at the shops. Whilst there, I walked to the Service Station to buy some doritos (fuck I love doritos :D ) and a transvestite was working there. Now, I am one with a very open mind to everything, I don't have anything against gays, lesbians or transvestites so don't think of this being an attack upon them. As I approached the counter, I was really unsure how to handle the transaction, I am one to start conversations with the counter assistance so wasn't sure to say "Have a good day mate, or have a good day mam". But as I was talking to her/him it was interesting and upon leaving I ended up saying "Have a good one friend" LOL friend? Why did I say friend? seriously what!

Well, once again I thank you all for reading, although I don't think many people have or will. But if you do, I'd love for you to leave a comment down the bottom of the page to hear what you think and maybe some topics I can cover on my blog.

If you don't have an account, then you can comment via facebook


Many warm warm WARRRMMM Regards,

Jordan Danger Merrick

1 comment:

  1. heya jordy your blogs is awesome like you i love it too !!!! never realized you had so many talents or that you had such and interesting life im reali lookin forward to what ever is in store for us readers :)im very proud of you hun !!!! xxx bub xxx

    ReplyDelete